Benefits of Membership
The following services are offered to members of the British Aggregates Association:
- Weekly newsletter and regular updates on all issues – planning, environment, health & safety, training, transport and other matters
- Listing and contact details on the BAA members’ website directory
- Individual queries and advice handled by email, telephone or visit
- Access to the members only area of the BAA and CPA websites
- Use of the BAA logo available and encouraged
- Meetings – Annual seminar, AGM and dinner, regular planning meetings for England and Wales. Health & Safety and Transport Committees to be launched in 2021.
- Assessment of Operating Standards Scheme – Award winning independent assessment, audit & certification to HSE recognised competence standard.
- BAA First Line Supervisor Course – Institute of Quarrying (IQ) Accredited QCF Level 3/TMIQ (new Technical Grade of IQ)
- Aggregates Levy – Advice on moisture rebates, discounts & reliefs
The quarry industry depends heavily on good quality, on time and reliable service providers and suppliers. We are therefore keen to develop strong links with reputable organisations. All companies interested in supplying our industry can become associate BAA members.
This low cost option opens up a two way process of access to meeting with quarry operators all over the UK in return for a modest membership fee. Associate members receive a headline welcome in our weekly newsletter on joining and will be listed on the BAA website and encouraged to use the BAA logo on their own website, stationery and vehicles. Many associate members already showcase their products at the BAA Annual Meeting and AGM where an unparalleled gathering of industry decision makers is always present.
By helping to support the UK quarry industry you will therefore be investing wisely in the future of your own company.