Benefits of Membership
The following services are offered to members of the British Aggregates Association:
- Weekly newsletter and regular updates on all issues – planning, environment, safety, training, transport and other matters
- Listing and contact details on the BAA members’ website directory
- Individual queries handled by email, telephone or visit
- Access to the members only area of the BAA and CPA websites
- Use of the BAA logo available and encouraged
- Meetings – Annual seminar, AGM and dinner, regular planning meetings for England and Wales
- Assessment of Operating Standards Scheme – Award winning independent assessment, audit & certification to HSE recognised competence standard.
- BAA First Line Supervisor Course – Institute of Quarrying (IQ) Accredited QCF Level 3/TMIQ (new Technical Grade of IQ)
- Aggregates Levy – Advice on moisture rebates, discounts & reliefs
- Liability Insurance – ICB Group
The quarry industry depends heavily on good quality, on time and reliable service providers and suppliers. We are therefore keen to develop strong links with reputable organisations. All companies interested in supplying our industry can now become associate BAA members.
This low cost option opens up a two way process with quarry operators all over the UK. In return for a modest membership fee, details of services on offer are circulated to BAA members on a regular basis. Associate members are also provided with an extensive contact list to get them to the right person. Tailored assistance can also be provided for companies wishing to launch new and innovative products. Associate members will be listed on the BAA website and permitted to use the BAA logo on their stationery and vehicles. Many associate members already showcase their products at the BAA AGM where an unparalleled gathering of industry decision makers is always present.
By helping to support the UK quarry industry you will therefore be investing wisely in the future of your own company.